fbpx
July 17, 2020/

It is recommended that you avoid giving honey to infants under 12 months of age because a risk of contracting infant botulism does exist. It happens when a child ingests Clostridium botulinum bacteria or spores, which are found in dirt and dust and can contaminate honey. However, older children and adults are not affected by them because their gut has developed sufficiently. It is best to seek a physician’s advice if you have any concerns.

Subscribe for weekly news
Follow us