Clementine & honey couscous salad
Pistachios, clementines, honey and cinnamon make couscous a perfect breakfast dish. Serve with fruit and yogurt
- 100 g pistachio or other nuts
- 300 g couscous
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon plus more to serve
- 8 nos clementines seedless are best
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp runny honey plus more to serve
- 1 tsp orange flower water optional
- 300 g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 500 g pot reduced-fat Greek-style yogurt to serve
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Spread the nuts over a baking sheet and toast for 5-8 mins until pale golden. Meanwhile, put the couscous and cinnamon into a large bowl. Finely grate the zest from 2 clementines, then squeeze their juice into a pan with the zest. Add the butter, honey and 200ml water and bring to the boil. Pour this over the couscous, cover with cling film, then leave to absorb for 10 mins.
- Using a serrated knife, peel, then thinly slice the remaining clementines. Sprinkle with the orange flower water, if using. Roughly chop the nuts.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork, then mix in most of the nuts. Serve the couscous in bowls, topped with the clementines and raspberries. Eat with a spoonful of yogurt, an extra sprinkle of cinnamon and squeeze of honey.
Nutrition Amount per serving, Total Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 0.1mg, Total Carbohydrate: 50g, Dietary Fiber: 8g, Sugars: 16g, Protein: 11g