Honey yogurt cheesecake
Bring a touch of Mediterranean magic to your table with this no-fuss bake that can be made ahead
- 100 g amaretti biscuits or ginger or digestive biscuits
- 85 g toasted flaked almonds
- 85 g butter melted
- 250 ml Greek yogurt
- 750 g mascarpone
- 2 nos eggs
- 1 no zest lemon
- 1 no zest orange
- 250 ml honey orange blossom is particularly good fresh fruit, to serve
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Crush the biscuits and most of the almonds inside a plastic food bag using a rolling pin. Mix with the butter, then press into the bottom of a deep, oval, 23cm dish (or something similar in size – a roasting tin, baking dish or cake tin will work). Bake for 10 mins until crisp.
- Stir or mash together the yogurt and mascarpone, then whisk in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the lemon and orange zests, then stir in most of the honey, reserving about 3 tbsp. Spread over the biscuit base, cover loosely with foil and cook for 1 hr. Remove the foil and cook for 15 mins more until lightly golden and the top is firm with just the slightest wobble in the middle. Leave to cool. Can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- To serve, scatter with almonds, drizzle over the remaining honey, and hand around fresh fruit to go with it.
Nutrition Amount per serving – Calories: 789, Total Fat: 65g, Saturated Fat: 36g, Sodium: 0.67mg, Total Carbohydrate: 40g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 34g, Protein: 12g