Pine nut & honey tart
This make-ahead tart is the ultimate finale for a festive buffet – just make sure you have enough as guests may well want seconds
- 100 g raisin
- 140 g/5oz mixed glacé fruit chopped
- 3 tbsp rum or orange juice
- 300 g/11oz sweet dessert pastry
- 50 g plain flour plus extra for dusting
- 175 g softened butter
- 175 g golden caster sugar
- 175 g ground almonds
- 5 nos eggs beaten
- 85 g pine nuts
- 2 tbsp clear honey plus extra for drizzling
- Put the raisins and glacé fruit in a bowl with the rum or juice, then soak for 1 hr.
- Roll out the pastry on a surface lightly dusted with flour, then use it to line a deep 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Leave the pastry overhanging the edges, prick the base, then chill for 1 hr.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Fill the pastry case with baking paper and baking beans, then blind-bake for 8 mins. Remove paper and beans, then bake for about 5 mins more. Allow to cool a little.
- Beat the butter, sugar, almonds, flour and eggs. Stir in the fruit, then pour into the case. Scatter over the pine nuts, press lightly into the surface, then drizzle with honey.
- Return the tart to the oven, turn down heat to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and bake for 40-50 mins until firm to the touch. If the top browns too quickly, cover with foil. Cool in the tin. Will keep in a cool place for 2 days and will freeze for 3 months. Thaw at room temperature for 5 hrs. Drizzle with honey to serve.
Nutrition Amount per serving – Calories: 665, Total Fat: 43g, Saturated Fat: 15g, Sodium: 0.56mg, Total Carbohydrate: 61g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 4g, Protein: 11g